When it comes to online businesses, customer interactions are mostly virtual in nature. In contrast to a real world business where customer interactions, sales and negotiations are categorical, online businesses have to identify themselves as “The seller”, every time a prospect approaches or a lead is generated.
This is where branding comes in, it differentiates your business from competitors, by making use of “recognizable visual elements” the buyer already remembers e.g the logo, the tagline, colors, fonts and typefaces.
Live chat is no exception; if they dont recognize and remember your brand, you will have a tough time convincing them. In the end, its all about winning the trust.
At Conversion Support, we understand your need for a live chat software that can be customized to fit your website’s design and brand. We give you complete freedom on customizing the appearance of the chat window, you can pick your own colors, upload your own logo and change the design whenever you want to.
In the end, it’s your brand – your associates should feel right at home with Conversion Support.
The following guide gives a brief walkthrough on how you can customize the appearnce of the live chat window.
Customize the look and feel of the live chat window
1. Login to your Conversion Support account. If you do not have an account yet, sign up here. It’s free!
2. Go to the “Settings” section and choose “Chat appearance” on the left sidebar.
3. To begin customizing your live chat window, first choose the type of chat window you want to use on your website. You can either choose to show the “On page chat window” or you can choose to show the “Pop up chat window”.
The on page chat window sticks to the right bottom corner of the webpage where the chat is initiated. However, the pop up chat opens a new browser window for the live chat.
Here is a visual comparison of the two:
For best results, we recommend using the “On page chat window” over “Pop up chat”. This is because some web browsers are pre-configured to block pop up windows and popups are not very popular among web users. However, you can use the pop up chat window if your website demands one.
4. Now that you have chosen the chat window type, it’s time to brand the design of the live chat with your website’s logo.
To add a logo to the live chat window, click “Choose File” under “Upload your logo” and upload an image from your computer’s hard drive. The image should be in JPG, GIF or PNG format, with ideal dimensions 260px X 50px.
In general, the size of the logo shouldn’t be an issue for larger images, as our system is designed to resize the image without distorting its aspect ratio. However, if you need help with image dimensions, uploads and fie size, please get in touch with our support team.
Using your own logo in the live chat window is crucially important; a live chat session without a logo may not create a very good first impression. Your visitors remember your brand, they want to connect with you and get answers directly from you, hence it is imperative that you show your website’s trademark during a live chat session.
5. Next, choose colors for different sections of the live chat window and customize the look and feel of the live chat to blend with your website’s existing design.
To do this, click “Edit theme” under “Theme your chat window” and you will see the following:
To choose a custom color for the header of the live chat window, click the “Edit” button placed just next to your logo. Next, choose a color for the header of the live chat window and you should see the changes reflecting on the live chat window in real time.
When you’re happy with a specific color, remember to hit “Publish” to save your selected color.
6. Similarly, you can choose a custom color for the agent’s name and the visitor’s name. However, the color of the chat message will default to Black
7. Finally, you can customize the welcome message a visitor sees when a chat is initiated. The welcome message is specific for the agent who is logged in which means, every agent can choose to show his customized welcome message in live chat.
If you have any questions or need further help in customizing the chat window, feel free to contact us or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org